A man who purchased a street light to illuminate the neighborhood at night probably for security reasons, found himself in being disappointed following a shocking discovery.
He installed the lights in a street adjacent to his house and normally uses his generator to power it, however, what he did not know was that his neighbors were tapping current from the street lights to power their house.
A Twitter user @Ayoappeal who happens to know the man in question, took to the social networking site to share the story.
He revealed that they discovered about 14 rooms were tapped into the street light and this is what has been damaging his generating set as people connect items like fridge, electric cooker and others.
Sharing the story,
@Ayoappeal wrote;”This man volunteered to buy a street light for the street adjacent his house and use his gen to power it. His gen stopped working tonight and we discovered some people tapped light from the street light to power their house. The disappointment on his face tonight
”We discovered that a compound of 14 rooms were using the light tapped from the street light, some even load it with fridge, electric cooker and all, one of the neighbor confessed.
The gen has been fixed but the man has vowed to disconnect the street light.”