Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero has tested positive for COVID-19, announcing on Thursday that he has experienced some symptoms.
The Argentine had already been self-isolating after being identified as a close contact of someone infected.
“I had some symptoms and I´m following doctor´s orders for recovery. Take care, everyone,” Aguero wrote on Twitter.
Aguero, City´s record scorer, has started only three matches this season.
He missed the end of last season and the start of the current campaign after undergoing knee surgery in June.
His return was then complicated by a hamstring injury in October, and he later experienced further discomfort in his knee.
After a series of substitute appearances, Aguero had been expected to return to the starting line-up in City´s FA Cup match against Birmingham this month but was then told to isolate.
Read more on our World News Page
- “I talk anyhow because I lack mother care and love ” – James Brown discloses during his birthday get together (Video)
- Top 15 Action-packed Movies To Watch Out For In 2021
- Woman tag her Baby for N400,000 after sleeping With 15 Men Without Condom; She doesn’t know the Father her baby
- “If you dare me, I’ll spill all your bad records” – Bobrisky says as she blasts Nkechi Blessing
- Linda Osifo Signs New Endorsement Deal With Real Estate Company, Vandaniel Properties (Photos)