Manchester United has confirmed that new signing, Amad Diallo will wear the club’s No.19 jersey.
Diallo finally completed his transfer from Atalanta to United this week, joining for an initial fee of £18million plus significant add-ons.
The Ivorian joins up with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side having made his name as a talented young winger in Italy.
United have now revealed the 18-year-old will wear the No.19, previously worn by Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck and Dwight Yorke, among others at Old Trafford.
He will also have his first name ‘Amad’ on the back, having legally changed his surname from Traore to Diallo last September.
Others to have worn the No.19 at united include goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, Ronny Johnsen, another goalkeeper in Ricardo, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Gerard Pique and James Wilson. Diallo wore No.79 at Atalanta.
United centre-back Eric Bailly recently welcomed Diallo to Old Trafford, saying, “I know Amad. I speak with him. He’s a young player with good talents but we know it is important to keep calm with any new guys.
“I think he will do well but it important to keep calm with him. He’s a top man. I speak with him and speak with the family. Now the guy is very happy to sign for Manchester United. Everybody waits for him and that’s it,” he added.
Read more on our Sport News Page
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000
- WAHALA!!! See How Daughters Fight Ogboni Confraternity Who Tried To Take Their Father’s Corpse Away During Burial Ceremony
- Kim Kardashian To Keep $60m Hidden Hills Home Amid Divorce From Kanye West
- YAWA!!! “Marry Her Or Go To Jail” Man Who Raped Mad Woman Forced To Choose