The newly appointed Chief of Army Staff, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru has officially resumed duty.
Major General Ibrahim Attahiru resumed officially after a hand over ceremony at the Defence Headquarters in Abuja, on Thursday.
Attahiru takes over from Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, who resigned from his position on Monday.
Following the retirement of the immediate past Service Chiefs, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of the new Service Chiefs.
The new Service Chiefs are Major-General LEO Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff; Major-General I. Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral AZ Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff and Air Vice-Marshal IO Amao, Chief of Air Staff.
Buhari charged them to be patriotic in the discharge of their duties while addressing the new Service Chiefs.
Read more on our News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols