New York City has announced that it will terminate business contracts with President Donald Trump after last week’s riots at US Capitol, Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Wednesday.
The Trump Organization is under city contract to operate the two ice rinks and a carousel in Central Park as well as a golf course in the Bronx.
The New York City Mayor, Bill de Blasio said Trump Organization profits about $17 million a year from those sites.
“I’m here to announce that the city of New York is severing all contracts with the Trump Organization,” de Blasio said.
It is the latest example of how the January 6 breach by violent Trump supporters is impacting the Republican president’s business interests.
The PGA of America voted Sunday to take the PGA Championship away from his New Jersey golf course next year, a move that came after social media platforms disabled Trump’s accounts and Shopify took down online stores affiliated with him.
Read more on our World News Page
- Stop foreign businesses exploiting our markets, Buhari directs Revenue Collectors
- Beware of fake ‘COVID-19 Inspectors’ in Abuja, FCTA warns Residents
- Top Somali official killed in Mogadishu
- Don Davis’ mother calls out Reno Omokri, Deeper Life members for allegedly threatening her (Video)
- Prominent South African minister dies of Covid-19 complications