The Nigerian University Commission (NUC) has directed Vice-Chancellors of Universities to commence academic activities on January 18.
This was disclosed in a statement issued on Thursday by the NUC’s Deputy Executive Secretary (Administration), Chris Maiyaki, on behalf of the Executive Secretary, Professor Abubakar Rasheed.
The NUC added that the order was in line with the directive of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19.
It noted that universities must under no circumstance violate the full cycle of the semester system.
It also advised universities to protect lives by strictly adhering to the safety protocols of COVID-19 and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) guidelines, which have been communicated severally through NUC’s circulars.
The statement said, “I am to add that universities on resumption of academic activities must under no circumstance violate the full cycle of the semester system, consistent with the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) approved by the NUC, as well as other extant quality assurance standards and guidelines.”
Read more on our News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide