The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has banned all forms of religious gatherings on its orientation camps to curb the spread of COVID-19.
NYSC Camp Safe Reopening Project Lead, Dr Oyeladun Okunromade, made this known on Friday at a sensitisation webinar for the 2020 Batch B Stream II Corp Members.
The event with the theme, ‘Protecting The health Of The Nigerian Youth: Safe Reopening Of NYSC Orientation Camps’ was also attended by the Director-General of NYSC, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim, and the Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu.
The NYSC DG said corps members would be allowed on NYSC approved camps nationwide from January 19, 2021, as against January 18, 2021, earlier announced date.
The NYSC Camp Safe Reopening Project Lead, Dr Oyeladun Okunromade said corps members would resume 200 daily and would be tested for Covid-19 upon getting to NYSC camps, noting that those who test positive for the virus would be isolated at approved NCDC health facilities while those who test negative would be allowed on orientation camps, The PUNCH reports.
The NYSC official warned that corps members who fail to resume at their allotted dates risk resuming with the next batch.
She said corps members are required to fill certain forms on the NYSC website to book their resumption dates.
“There won’t be any form of religious gatherings in camp. We encourage virtual activities,” she said, adding that corps members are required to come on camp with their face masks and other personal protective materials as the NYSC would not provide those.
Okunromade said, “Maami market has been significantly reduced in line with the new normal. There won’t be any sitting down with friends to dine at the market but there will take-aways.”
Okunromade urged the corps members to be responsible for their health and safety amid the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- DICKAPPOINTMENT GONE WRONG? 22-year-old Cross River University student reportedly missing for 3 weeks after leaving Calabar to visit male friend in Lagos
- WOW! Police charge 29 men with sexual exploitation and rape of a 13-year-old girl over 7 year period in the UK
- Police arrest foreigner who sold over 450 rifles to bandits in Zamfara
- See the moment angry mob beat Man to pulp after offering two high school girls a ride home and allegedly molested and raped one on the way (video)
- Bought this teenage girl a sewing machine, she sold it and bought an iPhone – Man laments