Some drug dealers’ hideouts have been stormed by the Police in Abeokuta, Ogun State, recovering cash and hard drugs.
The police disclosed that a cash sum of N2,722,750 and hard drugs worth over N10m were recovered at the scene.
DAILY POST gathered that the police raided a suspected drug cartel at Mayas area of Lafenwa, in Abeokuta North.
The state Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, confirmed the incident on Thursday, saying that the police acted on a tip-off.
Ajogun revealed that the police made the recoveries, but the suspects escaped as operatives did not want to engage them while fleeing, to avoid civilian casualties.
“Efforts are being made to arrest the fleeing dealers,” he added.
Also, 110 parcels of Indian hemp, 50 packs of codeine and 12 packs of rephnol were recovered from the scene.
6 packs of uniplex codeine, 4 packs of Pandeen expectorant, 2 packs of emzoline, 3 packs of backwoods honey, 1 carton of max cough codeine, axes, cutlasses and dangerous charms were also said to be recovered by the police.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols
- Soldiers Feared Killed In Bandits Attack On Military Base In Katsina
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000