The Sokoto State Commissioner of Home Affairs, Abdulkadir Jeli Abubakar III, has passed away at 64.
He died on Thursday evening, after a protracted illness.
The late Abubakar was a younger brother to Sultan Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, and a former commissioner for information, during Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal’s first tenure, The PUNCH reports.
Details of his death are still sketchy, as there is no official statement from the Sokoto state government or the Sultanate Council.
The deceased, who was survived by two wives and many children.
Confirming the incidence, Governor Tambuwal’s spokesperson, Muhammad Bello said Honourable Abdulkadir Jeli Abubakar has been buried in Sokoto according to Islamic rites.
Until his death, Jeli Abubakar was the Dikkon Sokoto.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Lady Gaga Promises To Pay N240M To Anyone Who Found Her Stolen Dogs
- Osinbajo Disagrees With CBN On Cryptocurrency Ban, Calls For Regulation (Video)
- “Go for an STD test” – Popular OAP N6 Advice Bobrisky And Nkechi Sunday
- ”Tell your papa to make e do am” – Peruzzi says as he blasted troll who rubbished his song
- BBNaija’s TBoss slams men who give their girlfriends gifts only to collect them when things go sour