An official in Somalia has been killed in the capital, Mogadishu, hours after returning from Turkey where he had been receiving medical treatment for injuries sustained in a bomb blast.
The circumstances of Abdihakim Dhagajuun’s death are unclear.
Some reports say he died at around 02:00 on Thursday morning in a shoot-out between his bodyguards and government security forces.
The government spokesman tweeted that the security agencies had been ordered to conduct an immediate investigation into the incident “to bring to justice those involved”.
Mogadishu Mayor Omar Filish and other top officials have sent their condolences to the family.
Two of Mr Dhagajuun’s bodyguards also reportedly died.
He had been working as the district commissioner of Hodan, a suburb of the capital, since July 2018.
His killing comes hours after another district commissioner in Mogadishu escaped unhurt after a landmine blast killed one of his bodyguards.
No group has said it was behind that attack.
Islamist al-Shabab militants often carry out targeted killings in Mogadishu and have staged suicide attacks on hotels and government offices.
Read more on our World News Page
- BBNaija Organizers Announces Lockdown Edition Reunion (Video)
- BBNaija’s Ozo reveals how he handles his female admirers as a superstar
- Alexei Navalny Stripped Of ‘prisoner Of Conscience’ Status By Amnesty International Over His Comments That Compared Immigrants To Cockroaches
- “Let Bobrisky come out without makeup to challenge me” – Upcoming crossdresser, Michelle Page challenges Bobrisky to a beauty contest (Video)
- Truck Driver Crushes Four Hawkers To Death In Anambra As He Was Trying To Escape From Revenue Collectors