Tottenham’s FA Cup tie against Wycombe may be postponed after the Championship side’s match at QPR was cancelled due to a COVID-19 outbreak.
The Chairboys on Friday reported positive coronavirus tests and informed the EFL they were unable to fulfil the weekend fixture at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium, with an unconfirmed number of players and staff entering self-isolation.
EFL and Premier League rules state that those who test positive must self-isolate for a period of 10 days in line with Government guidance, and produce two negative results before returning.
A Wycombe statement added: “The circumstances surrounding the postponements will now be the subject of an investigation in accordance with EFL regulations.”
Spurs are set to travel to Wycombe on January 25 for their FA Cup tie, with kick-off in the evening, as the last of 16 fourth round ties.
A postponement, therefore, looks likely, and would create a further scheduling headache for Jose Mourinho, who has already seen two Premier League matches postponed and one still outstanding due to outbreaks at Fulham and then Aston Villa.
Villa were forced to field a mixture of their Under-23s and -18s sides for their FA Cup third round fixture against Liverpool, losing 4-1 at home, after their entire first-team squad and coaching staff were forced into self-isolation. Villa’s Premier League match with Everton has called been called out.
Wycombe sit bottom of the Championship standings, four points adrift of safety, with QPR in 18th, five points clear of the drop zone.
The match is the second of Saturday’s Championship fixtures to be postponed due to coronavirus cases, following Coventry vs Sheffield Wednesday.
Read more on our Sport News Page
- BBNaija Organizers Announces Lockdown Edition Reunion (Video)
- BBNaija’s Ozo reveals how he handles his female admirers as a superstar
- Alexei Navalny Stripped Of ‘prisoner Of Conscience’ Status By Amnesty International Over His Comments That Compared Immigrants To Cockroaches
- “Let Bobrisky come out without makeup to challenge me” – Upcoming crossdresser, Michelle Page challenges Bobrisky to a beauty contest (Video)
- Truck Driver Crushes Four Hawkers To Death In Anambra As He Was Trying To Escape From Revenue Collectors