NEW!  BREAKING NEWS: Top 5 world’s richest people in 2020 Read More

World NewsMetro

Trump allowed back on Twitter after 12 hours suspension

2 Mins read

US President, Donald Trump has been allowed back on Twitter, after his account was suspended for 12 hours.

Trump supporters clash with police and security forces as they storm the US Capitol in Washington, DC on January 6, 2021. – Demonstrators breeched security and entered the Capitol as Congress debated the a 2020 presidential election Electoral Vote Certification. (Photo by ROBERTO SCHMIDT / AFP) (Photo by ROBERTO SCHMIDT/AFP via Getty Images)

Posting a more conciliatory message, he refrained from reiterating false claims of voter fraud.

Twitter said that it would ban Mr Trump “permanently” if he breached the platform’s rules again.

The move from Twitter puts clear water between it and Facebook, which suspended him “indefinitely” on Thursday.

Twitter has instead given the outgoing president a final warning.

Earlier on Thursday, the popular gaming platform Twitch also placed an indefinite ban on Mr Trump’s channel, which he has used for rally broadcasts.

Mr Trump tweeted several message on Wednesday, calling the people who stormed Capitol Hill “patriots”. He also said “We love you.”

A spokesperson for Twitter said, “After the Tweets were removed and the subsequent 12-hour period expired, access to @realDonaldTrump was restored.

“Any future violations of the Twitter Rules, including our Civic Integrity or Violent Threats policies, will result in permanent suspension of the @realDonaldTrump account.

The company said it required the removal of three tweets for “severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy”.

It said the president’s account would remain locked for good if the tweets were not removed.

Twitter has now confirmed the offending tweets have been removed, and he is free to tweet again.

the president was suspended from Facebook and Instagram. That suspension will be reviewed after the transition of power to Joe Biden on 20 January.

The social network had originally imposed a 24-hour ban after the US Capitol attack.

Facebook’s chief, Mark Zuckerberg, wrote that the risks of allowing Mr Trump to post “are simply too great”.

Mr Zuckerberg said Facebook had removed the president’s posts “because we judged that their effect – and likely their intent – would be to provoke further violence”.

“Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete,” he wrote.

Snapchat also stopped Mr Trump from creating new posts but did not say if or when it would end the ban. YouTube also removed Wednesday’s video.

The president’s supporters stormed the seat of US government and clashed with police, leading to the death of one woman.

The violence brought to a halt congressional debate over Democrat Joe Biden’s election win.

In the House and Senate chambers, Republicans were challenging the certification of November’s election results.

Before the violence, President Trump had told supporters on the National Mall in Washington that the election had been stolen.

Hours later, as the violence mounted inside and outside the US Capitol, he appeared on video and repeated the false claim.

BBC

Read more on our World News Page

Related posts
Metro

'Soldiers, DSS And Policemen Attempt To Arrest Igboho On Lagos/Ibadan Expressway' - FFK (Video)

1 Mins read
A joint team of soldiers, policemen and the Department of State Services (DSS) attempted to arrest Yoruba activist, Sunday Adeyemo, better known…
Metro

Shocking! Man Cuts Off His Penis To Control His Libido In Benue State

1 Mins read
A man has cut off part of his penis to control his libido in Benue state. The man, Terhemen Anongo, popularly called Doc…
Metro

Update: Police Reveal 317 Jangebe Schoolgirls Are Missing In Zamfara

1 Mins read
The Commissioner of Police in Zamfara, Abutu Yaro has revealed that about 317 girls were seized from Government Girls Science Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara…
Please SUBSCRIBE for our Latest News

 

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
×
World News

Muslim cleric linked to the 2002 Bali bombings released from jail

x
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x