Two policemen and one other person have lost their lives in an auto crash that happened along the Ajaokuta-Ojodu-Ayingba road in Kogi State on Thursday.
The sector commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in the state, Solomon Aghure disclosed that the deceased persons were travelling in an ambulance when the accident happened.
He stated that the ambulance officers and the ambulance driver were travelling with an empty casket to pick the corpse of a police officer from a mortuary in Ayingba, Kogi state.
The commander said the ambulance collided with a Mercedes Benz truck coming from the opposite direction at a spot in Ojodu community.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Kogi State, William Aya confirmed the incident in a statement on Thursday.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Shoprite Workers Begin Nationwide Strike
- Emir of Karaga, Alhaji Salihu Tanko dies
- Fire breaks out at Army Headquarters In Abuja
- Two Men Who Flaunt Their Wealth On Social Media Caught During Robbery Operation (Video)
- Nigeria Receives First Doses Of COVAX COVID-19 Vaccines