US President, Donald Trump has imposed new sanctions on Iranian companies in his final days in office.
The US announced new sanctions Friday on Iran’s Marine Industries Organization, Aerospace Industries Organization, and the Iran Aviation Industries Organization.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made the announcement, claiming that the sanctioned organizations had a role in manufacturing lethal military equipment for Iran’s military and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.
He claimed each of the entities was manufacturing lethal military equipment, including attack boats, missiles, and combat drones.
The fresh sanctions come only five days before the hawkish Trump administration will transfer power to President-elect Joe Biden.
Read more on our World News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide