Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has announced that his administration is investigating the alleged high-handedness of some members of the Western Nigeria Security Network codenamed Operation Amotekun.
The governor made the disclosure in a statement issued on his official Twitter handle, promising to address the issue.
He maintained that his administration will not allow security operatives to harass members of the public.
He wrote, “Following the recent events in Tapa, Ibarapa North Local Government Area, it becomes imperative that I once again reassure the good people of Oyo State that our administration is doing everything in its power to address security issues in our state.
“One of the strategies we are using to check insecurity in the state is the recently introduced Western Nigeria Security Network (Amotekun).
“I am fully aware of the alleged high-handedness by some members of the corps. We are investigating these issues to address them promptly
“The welfare and security of the good people of Oyo State remain our top priority.
“We will not sit back and watch any harassment or intimidation of members of the public or our security officers.
“Therefore, I urge the good people of Oyo State to please remain calm and allow members of the corps to perform their legally authorised duties for our people’s well-being.
“Let me assure you that if any corps members are abusing their office, they will be dealt with accordingly,” the governor added.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide