The World Health Organisation (WHO) has stated that it is aware of the death of 23 people in Norway after being vaccinated with the Pfizer/BioNTech jab.
WHO said it will follow the investigation closely, the organisation’s representative told Sputnik on Friday.
“WHO is aware of reports of 23 deaths following COVID-19 vaccination in Norway. The Norwegian Medicines Agency reported on 14 January its preliminary assessment of 13 of the deaths, all of whom were older adults in frail health”, the representative said.
The agency reckoned the deaths could be linked to the normally mild side effects of the vaccine.
“We are in contact with the Norwegian health authorities, and will closely follow the investigation into the cause and circumstances of all 23 deaths,” the WHO spokesman added.
Read more on our World News Page
- Shoprite Workers Begin Nationwide Strike
- Emir of Karaga, Alhaji Salihu Tanko dies
- Fire breaks out at Army Headquarters In Abuja
- Two Men Who Flaunt Their Wealth On Social Media Caught During Robbery Operation (Video)
- Nigeria Receives First Doses Of COVAX COVID-19 Vaccines