A woman allegedly stabbed her husband after finding photos of him in bed with a ‘younger woman’, not realising it was actually her younger self.
Identified as ‘Leonora R’, she was arrested after neighbours alerted police to screaming and shouting at the home she shares with her partner in Cajeme, Sonora, Mexico, according to reports.
The accused’s husband, referred to only as ‘Juan N’, was found to have been stabbed several times in the arms and legs.
Leonora had supposedly discovered the snaps on Juan’s mobile phone and mistook them for proof he had cheated on her, reports Dossier Politico.
She is also said to have hurled insults at him during the violent attack, with her husband eventually able to wrestle the knife away.
Juan then explained the explicit photos were from years ago when they first met, with Leonora then recognising her younger self.
He told police he’d found the snaps in an old email and transferred them to his phone.
The accused is understood to still be in custody but is yet to be charged with the case reportedly referred to the Public Ministry of State Attorney General’s Office.
It is unclear how seriously the victim was injured, but he was taken to hospital.
Read more on our World News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols