Watch The Weeknd’s Super Bowl LV half-time performance on this page, as the Canadian R&B star wowed fans worldwide.
For the first time in the game’s 55-year history, the half-time performance held from the stands, rather than the pitch, in compliance with strict coronavirus protocols.
The Weeknd, whose real name is Abel Tesfaye, performed for 12 minutes at Florida’s Raymond James Stadium.
The 30-year-old Grammy Award-winner treated fans to renditions of his earlier hits.
After his performance, viewers took to Twitter to praise the ‘formerly homeless man’ who went on to be a half-time performer at the Super Bowl.
Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau reacted to The Weeknd’s performance, writing:
“Congratulations on rocking the world’s biggest stage, @TheWeeknd – you’ve certainly earned it. Hope you heard all the cheers from back home. #SuperBowlWeeknd.”
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols
- Soldiers Feared Killed In Bandits Attack On Military Base In Katsina
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000