About 40 parcels of Cocaine weighing 43.11kilogram (100.05pds) was intercepted by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) from two suspected drug-traffickers in Lagos.
The 40 parcels of Cocaine was estimated at more than N32 billion.
According to the NDLEA, the seizure was made at the Tincan command on Monday.
The anti-drug agency said the consignment containing the illicit drug was put under surveillance by operatives of the Tincan Command for some days until two clearing agents showed up on Monday, February 8, 2021, to clear them.
The suspected traffickers were immediately arrested while the banned substances were confiscated.
According to the Commander, Tincan Port Command of the NDLEA, Sumaila Ethan, the two clearing agents were promptly arrested and the consignment, which was brought into Nigeria from Brazil on board a vessel marked: MV SPAR SCORPIO, properly searched.
Ethan stated when he spoke with newsmen on Tuesday at the Ikoyi, Lagos State office of the agency, “After a thorough search, we discovered 40 compressed parcels, which after laboratory investigations tested positive to cocaine.
“The two clearing agents have been taken into custody while we continue with the investigation.
“The seizure is no doubt an attestation to the renewed vigour in the operations of the agency.
“We appreciate our Chairman/Chief Executive, General Buba Marwa, who provided guidance all through the operations.”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca vaccine confines woman in wheelchair after her legs developed ‘giant blisters’ (photos)
- WOW! Angry fans chase Schalke 04 players after the German club got relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time since 1988 (video)