Prophet Anietie Inyang was alleged to have engaged in anal sex with the victim, who lives with his grandmother at Ikot Ada Utor in Afaha Clan also in Essien Udim Local Government Area.
Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested a 31-year-old prophet, Anietie Inyang from Ikot Ebak village, Essien Udim Local Government Area of the state, for allegedly sodomising a 12-year-old boy.
According to Sitippe, the suspect was earlier arrested by the Essien Udim Police Division but released on bail without being charged to court and attempts were made to cover up the case.
However, the wife of the Chairman of Essien Udim, Mrs Umoh Gabriel Tony Luke alongside her husband, Anthony Luke got wind of the information and ordered the police to produce the suspect.
He was susbsequently re-arrested and brought to the State Police Headquarters in Ikot Akpan Abia, Uyo.
It was further learned that the Akwa Ibom State Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Response Unit has taken over the case.
- See what Trump said reacting to President Biden pulling US troops out of Afghanistan on September 11
- 11 people confirmed dead, 100 injured as passenger train derail in Egypt (photos)
- European Super League: Arsenal and Manchester United resign from European Clubs Association while club CEOs resign from UEFA
- ‘Depressed’ man spotted thinking on top of a telecommunication mast in Lagos (video)
- Ex-presidential aide Doyin Okupe’s son, Bolu Okupe, shares loved-up video ‘kissing’ his gay lover, Mfaomé