An Italian club, Atalanta has announced the death of highly-rated Ivorian youngster, Willy Ta Bi after a year-long battle with liver cancer at the age of 21.
The Serie A side announced the tragic death of the 21-year-old was announced by Atalanta on social media.
“It’s with great sadness that we announce the painful loss and untimely death of one of your family members, Willy Braciano Ta Bi. Primavera Champion in 2019, he saw his dream come to an end too soon. Goodbye Willy, rest in peace,” Atalanta wrote.
“President Antonio Precassi and the whole Atalanta family are deeply saddened by the untimely death of Willy Braciano Ta Bi,” the Serie A club wrote in a statement.
“A cruel destiny interrupted a dream that began with the Nerazzurri shirt in January 2019 too soon.
“He only needed a few months to earn a leading role in the Primavera and help bring the Scudetto back to Bergamo, but above all to leave a great memory.”
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead
The young forward, who also played for the Ivory Coast at youth level, was diagnosed with cancer shortly after.
The midfielder moved to Atalanta from ASEC Mimosa – the most successful club in Ivory Coast – in 2019 and helped the youth team achieve Primavera 1 glory in the same year.
Ta Bi captained the Ivory Coast at the youth level and represented his country at the Francophone Games in 2017.
Read more on our Sports News Page
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca vaccine confines woman in wheelchair after her legs developed ‘giant blisters’ (photos)
- WOW! Angry fans chase Schalke 04 players after the German club got relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time since 1988 (video)