The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has accused the Governor of Bauchi state, Bala Mohammed of Bauchi state of belonging to Fulani terrorist group responsible for kidnapping and killing in the country.
The Governor made this accusation on Monday.
He said he remained convinced that his Bauchi State counterpart, Bala Mohammed, is a member of Fulani terrorists group terrorising Nigeria.
This comes after Mohammed had justified armed Fulani herdsmen carrying AK-47. The armed herdsmen have been raping, murdering and killing innocent Nigerians.
Governor Ortom, who stated this during a press conference in Makurdi, also cried out that his life was being threatened by his counterpart’s outburst.
He said the Bauchi governor was part of the conspiracy against him, adding that with the manner Mohammed was attacking him, his life is no longer saved.
The Bauchi governor had criticised Ortom when he accused him (Ortom) of creating bad media campaign against Fulani ethnic group, stating that the situation had worsened the herder-farmer crisis.
Mohammed had further accused Ortom of criminalising the entire Fulani across the country.
Ortom, who reacted, said with the continuous support for Fulani herdsmen, his Bauchi counterpart “is one of the Fulani terrorists” that have invaded the country and terrorising innocent Nigerians.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi Visits Widow Of Air Force Personnel (Photos)
- ‘Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn’t give you all my money, all my love and my younger years’ – Ifu Ennada says as she reminiscences spending all her money on ex-lover
- Super Falcons Thrash Equatorial Guinea 9-0 to Win Turkish Women’s Cup (Video)
- Governor Seyi Makinde orders immediate reopening of Shasha market
He, however, asked his colleague in Bauchi to go back and study his oath of office, asking if the oath of office he took did not tell him that he should protect the constitution of Nigeria.
According to him, the constitution does not allow foreigners to enter the country and bear arms against Nigerians.
Ortom said, “Since he (Bala Mohammed) has chosen to vilify and intimidate me, I am compelled to think that he is one of the Fulani terrorists terrorising this country.
“Why did I say so? This is the same governor, who took oath of office to protect the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The constitution does not give room to allow foreign armed Fulani herdsmen, Tiv people or Yoruba or any ethic group to come in and to carry arms.
“But the Bauchi governor said every Fulani man is a global man; so, he could go anywhere at any time. It is quite disappointing to hear a governor who took oath of office to say that,” he added.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- BBNaija Organizers Announces Lockdown Edition Reunion (Video)
- BBNaija’s Ozo reveals how he handles his female admirers as a superstar
- Alexei Navalny Stripped Of ‘prisoner Of Conscience’ Status By Amnesty International Over His Comments That Compared Immigrants To Cockroaches
- “Let Bobrisky come out without makeup to challenge me” – Upcoming crossdresser, Michelle Page challenges Bobrisky to a beauty contest (Video)
- Truck Driver Crushes Four Hawkers To Death In Anambra As He Was Trying To Escape From Revenue Collectors