The body of a 24-year-old man, Olanrewaju Ogundare, who went missing in Lagos state in December 2020, has been found.
Ogundare who worked with an events centre in Lagos state returned from work on December 25, 2020, and dropped his bag at his parents’ house on Adimula Street, Ikotun, saying he was going to spend the Christmas break with his friends.
Upon his arrival at his friend’s house, he called his mum to inform her that he had reached his destination.
Afterwards, his mum heard nothing from him again.
On Monday, December 28, Olanrewaju failed to show up at work, prompting his colleagues to reach out to his parents who immediately reported the matter to the Idimu Police Station.
Olanrewaju who misplaced his phone sometime back, couldn’t be traced with the number he had used to call his mum because the phone she used does not keep call records.
With the aid of his photo, the police were able to track his mutilated body to the Ejigbo area on Monday, February 1, suggesting he was murdered.
A preliminary investigation showed he was killed in the area where his friend stays on the same night he went out for the Christmas celebration.
It is believed that he was killed by suspected armed robbers who are known for terrorising residents of the area.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, Muyiwa Adejobi, said the police is conducting further investigation into the matter.
The family of the deceased have reportedly called for the case to be closed as they do not have the finance to carry out an autopsy.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide