The body of a police informant, Wale Kalejaiye, has been recovered from the ocean after he went missing during an attack on police personnel in the Akodo area of Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos State.
According to reports, Kalejaiye last week Monday, led a team of police officers to the community to arrest some suspected hoodlums notorious for terrorizing residents of the area.
The police arrested three suspects identified by Kalejaiye and were in their way out of the community when he identified another one.
The police had effected the fourth suspect’s arrest when a group of hoodlums, attacked them, overpowered them and then kidnapped Kaleyaiye.
After days of searching for him, his body was on Friday, February 5 at about 11pm, found floating at the Segun Beach area
His body has since been deposited at the state morgue where an autopsy is expected to be carried out.
The state police command is yet to comment on this development.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- BBNaija’s Laycon finally gives his reason for wearing ‘big shoe’ to Headies Awards
- Davido Finally Breaks Silence On Rumours that He Broke Up With Babymama, Chioma
- Varsity student allegedly beaten to death over N3500 a week to graduation
- Godwin Emefiele announces adjustment of naira to N410/$1
- Catholic lector and six others killed by bandits in Kaduna