A mortuary attendant has been arrested after family discovered that the corpse of their relation, a 58-year-old woman identified as Mrs Patience Amughoro went missing in Oghara, Delta State.
The deceased woman was said to have died late last year after a brief illness and her corpse kept in a private hospital mortuary at Oghara, while the family prepared for burial.
Sources said the family was stunned when, on Saturday morning after all preparations had been put in place, they arrived at the mortuary only to discover that the body was missing.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi Visits Widow Of Air Force Personnel (Photos)
- ‘Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn’t give you all my money, all my love and my younger years’ – Ifu Ennada says as she reminiscences spending all her money on ex-lover
- Super Falcons Thrash Equatorial Guinea 9-0 to Win Turkish Women’s Cup (Video)
- Governor Seyi Makinde orders immediate reopening of Shasha market
A family member, who identified himself only as Okiemute, said the mortician had earlier presented a body to the family and on close observation, they found out it was not that of Mrs Amughoro.
“That was when he (morgue attendant) began pacing up and down, looking for the body. That was when he told us that the body was missing.
“We were shocked. We had made arrangements to give our auntie a good send-forth. It hurts that we don’t have her body,” Okiemute said.
He noted that the family later reported the incident to the police.
Another family member, who did not want his name in print, wondered how the body disappeared from the mortuary.
“The disappearance of her body is tormenting my family. I have never heard of a corpse developing legs and leaving a mortuary,” he added.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- ‘We Condemn Their Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho’ – Afenifere Reacts
- Traders Defend Themselves Against Touts At Alaba International Market (Video)
- Seven of the 317 Jangebe Schoolgirls escape from their abductors in Zamfara
- ‘Invite Gumi And Shekau First Before Disturbing Me’ – Sunday Igboho
- Ondo State Nurses To Embark On Warning Strike