The Department of State Services (DSS) has denied reports that its operatives tried to arrest Sunday Adeyemo, a youth leader better known as Sunday Igboho, on Friday, according to TheCable.
Igboho has been in the spotlight since he issued an eviction notice to Fulani herders in the Ibarapa area of Oyo state, blaming them for a spate of kidnapping and other violent activities.
Adesina Akinpelu, Igboho’s aide who spoke to TheCable, said operatives from different security agencies intercepted a convoy in which the youth leader was traveling along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Friday.
Akinpelu said the security operatives claimed they wanted to arrest a “criminal”, but did not mention Igboho’s name.
“Some people around, who noticed the confrontation and saw Igboho, joined us and said they would resist any attempt to arrest him,” Akinpelu said.
- LOL! Pornhub pick the University Of Ibadan as their African headquarters while replying to tweet asking where in Nigeria will their headquarters be
- WOW! AT LAST! Singer Tems shows off her massive backside in sexy new photos of her in a pool
- Ah! Man beats his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son to death for bedwetting on the sofa
- SHOCKING! See the reason why media personality, Shade Ladipo says late Prince Philip, husband of the Queen of England, will not rest in peace
“Seeing that any attempt to touch him could lead to violence, they calmed down and we left.
“I cannot say that they came to arrest him, since the people did not state their mission. There was no shot fired, no injury, and no arrest was made. It happened around 2 pm.”
Reacting to the report in a statement, Peter Afunanya, DSS public relations officer, described it as “fake”.
“The Department of State Services wishes to refute the news that it attempted to arrest one Sunday Igboho today at Ibadan, Oyo State,” Afunanya said.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Ramadan fast: Hisbah police arrest over 10 persons for eating during the day in Kano
- See the reason why husband burnt all his wife’s certificates
- RACISM AT ITS PEAK? White Texas students disciplined after creating ‘slave trade’ group on Snapchat that assigns price tags to their black classmates
- “My sons have not taken care of me … I give my daughter my property absolutely as she has taken care of me for all these years” – Three brothers fight their sister after their mum gave all of her £850k will to her
- Police arrest two siblings for allegedly beating their brother to death over their late father’s property in Imo