The Federal Government has announced that the closure of Oworonshoki bound lane of the Third Mainland Bridge by midnight on Saturday, February 6 till 7 pm on Sunday, February 7 to allow the removal of the last expansion joint on the lane.
The Ministry of Transportation disclosed this on Wednesday, stating that the closure is vital to enable the contractor move its equipment to the Oworonshoki bound lane within the given period without any interruption.
The Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Frederic Oladeinde, stated that the rehabilitation process was being done assiduously to meet up with the set deadlines.
Motorists from Ogudu, Alapere and Gbagada were advised to use Ikorodu Road, Jibowu and Yaba as alternative routes, while Iyana Oworosoki bound traffic from the Lagos Island, Iddo, Oyingbo, Adekunle and Yaba should use Herbert Macaulay Way, Jibowu and Ikorodu road as alternative routes.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols