The Niger state governor, Abubakar Bello, have received the Kagara schoolboys and their teachers that were freed on Saturday, at the state government house in Minna.
The state governor said the state government is working to identify the root cause of banditry in the state. He also disclosed that one of the abductees is in the hospital being treated for excessive exhaustion.
About 27 of the students and 12 other persons were kidnapped from the school when gunmen struck about a week ago.
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead
The release of the Kagara students comes a day after 317 schoolgirls were abducted from Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe in Zamfara state.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca vaccine confines woman in wheelchair after her legs developed ‘giant blisters’ (photos)
- WOW! Angry fans chase Schalke 04 players after the German club got relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time since 1988 (video)