The Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi has paid a condolence visit to the widow of Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi, who lost his life in the Air Force plane crash on Sunday.
The Nigeria Air Force had on Sunday released the names of officers who died in the Beechcraft Kingair B350i plane crash.
In a statement issued by the Air Force spokesman, Ibikunle Daramola, the officers are; Flight Lieutenant Haruna Gadzama (Captain), Flight Lieutenant Henry Piyo (Co-pilot), Flying Officer Micheal Okpara (Airborne Tactical Observation System specialist).
Other victims included Warrant Officer Bassey Etim (ATOS specialist), Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi (ATOS specialist), Sergeant Ugochukwu Oluka (ATOS specialist), Aircraftman Adewale Johnson (Onboard Technician).
The aircraft crashed closed to the Abuja airport due to engine failure.
The Nigerian Air Force spokesman explained that Chief of the Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao, has ordered an immediate probe of the accident.
The Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi, has now paid a condolence visit to Omolola Olawunmi, wife of Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi who died in the Air Force plane crash.
See photos below:
Read more on our Metro News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols