Former Special Adviser on New Media to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, has reacted to Sheikh Gumi’s claim that bandits don’t kill people, asking why Nigerians will allow the Islamic cleric appear on TV to make utterances in defence of bandits.
Reno said this in reaction to Sheikh Gumi’s statement during an interview on Channel’s TV.
Sheikh Gumi said bandits do not kill people and for those who have killed so far, it was “accidental”.
Gumi added that when bandits attack communities and burn houses, it is done in revenge and it’s an ethnic issue, not a criminal issue.
Responding, Reno wrote, ‘We must be mad as a nation, when a character like Sheikh Gumi, will come on national TV and say herdsmen don’t kill, and if they do, it is “accidental”.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi Visits Widow Of Air Force Personnel (Photos)
- ‘Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn’t give you all my money, all my love and my younger years’ – Ifu Ennada says as she reminiscences spending all her money on ex-lover
- Super Falcons Thrash Equatorial Guinea 9-0 to Win Turkish Women’s Cup (Video)
- Governor Seyi Makinde orders immediate reopening of Shasha market
‘This is the same man caught on camera telling herdsmen that it is Christian soldiers that are killing them to “ignite crisis”. The man did not even apologise for telling that lie. Gumi is not a negotiator for herdsmen. He is an enabler!
“If I tell you a joke, you will laugh. If I repeat it, you may still laugh. If I repeat it a 3rd time, you will think I am mad. If we can’t keep laughing at the same joke, why does Nigeria keep crying for the same tragedy? Daily, herdsmen kill us and we just cry. Are we not mad?”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- BBNaija Organizers Announces Lockdown Edition Reunion (Video)
- BBNaija’s Ozo reveals how he handles his female admirers as a superstar
- Alexei Navalny Stripped Of ‘prisoner Of Conscience’ Status By Amnesty International Over His Comments That Compared Immigrants To Cockroaches
- “Let Bobrisky come out without makeup to challenge me” – Upcoming crossdresser, Michelle Page challenges Bobrisky to a beauty contest (Video)
- Truck Driver Crushes Four Hawkers To Death In Anambra As He Was Trying To Escape From Revenue Collectors