A 30-year-old housewife, Hauwa Auwal has been remanded in a correctional centre by a Senior Magistrates’ Court in Kano on Wednesday for pouring hot water on her co-wife and daughter.
She faces one-count charge of attempt to commit culpable homicide.
The Prosecutor, Amina Yahaya, told the court that the husband, Babangida Ibrahim reported the case at Sheka Police Division Kano on January 22.
She had a misunderstanding with the first wife, Sha’awa Isma’il at about 8:21p.m. on that day.
Auwal was said to have poured a full bucket of hot water on Sha’awa and her four-year-old daughter, Halima Khalil, according to the Prosecutor, Yahaya.
The victims were rushed to Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital, Kano, and are currently receiving treatment.
Auwal, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The counsel, Hassan Umar, made an oral bail application citing Sections 172 and 175 of Kano State Administration of Criminal Justice Law but the prosecutor opposed the bail application.
“The defendant is pregnant and could give birth any moment. If granted bail she will not jump bail,” The counsel, Hassan Umar said.
Senior Magistrate Talatu Makama dismissed the application, saying that the offence was capital in nature and the court has no jurisdiction to grant her bail.
She ordered the remand of the accused in a correctional centre and directed her counsel to seek bail in the State High Court, as the case was adjourned until March 8.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000
- WAHALA!!! See How Daughters Fight Ogboni Confraternity Who Tried To Take Their Father’s Corpse Away During Burial Ceremony
- Kim Kardashian To Keep $60m Hidden Hills Home Amid Divorce From Kanye West
- YAWA!!! “Marry Her Or Go To Jail” Man Who Raped Mad Woman Forced To Choose