Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has noted that Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi should be held responsible if anything happens to him after an alleged threat to his life by Fulani herdsmen.
Governor Ortom made the accusation while briefing journalists in Makurdi, Benue State capital, on Monday, February 22. His accusation comes barely a week after Governor Mohammed accused him of being behind the hatred against Fulanis in Nigeria.
Governor Mohammed also threw his weight behind herdsmen who go around carrying AK47 rifles.
Speaking at the press conference on Monday, Governor Ortom accused Governor Mohammed of supporting illegal arms wielding foreign herdsmen.
“I want to think that, with what he said and what those herdsmen wrote to me and said that they were going to assassinate me, Bala Mohammed is also part of it, with what he has said.
“And if anything happens to me, I don’t want anybody to be in doubt, Bala Mohammed should be held responsible. Especially his last week outing after the condemnable remarks he made about Fulani carrying AK-47 and living anywhere in Nigeria.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi Visits Widow Of Air Force Personnel (Photos)
- ‘Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn’t give you all my money, all my love and my younger years’ – Ifu Ennada says as she reminiscences spending all her money on ex-lover
- Super Falcons Thrash Equatorial Guinea 9-0 to Win Turkish Women’s Cup (Video)
- Governor Seyi Makinde orders immediate reopening of Shasha market
“He came back to say Ortom is responsible for the hatred against Fulani men and I regard this as a way of vilifying me and profiling me towards assassination. He wants to instigate the Fulani people against me. I am not against Fulani people, they are in Benue State and they remain here,” Ortom said.
He called on Governor Mohammed to render an unreserved apology to Nigerians for comment which has been condemned by many Nigerians
“I think the governor of Bauchi State, my brother, Governor Bala Mohammed should just come out and apologise to Nigerians,” the governor added.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- “If you dare me, I’ll spill all your bad records” – Bobrisky says as she blasts Nkechi Blessing
- Linda Osifo Signs New Endorsement Deal With Real Estate Company, Vandaniel Properties (Photos)
- Woman CAUGHT HAVING SEX WITH a 13-year-old boy
- Lala Akindoju Celebrates Her Husband, Chef Fregz With Sweet Words On His Birthday
- Nancy Isime Reveals How She Attempted Suicide During Childhood (Video)