Amazon billionaire owner, Jeff Bezos has become the world’s richest person, after ending Elon Musk’s six-week reign on top of the list.
Musk lost about $4.5 billion on Tuesday after Tesla (TSLA) shares fell 2.4%, taking him to second place on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index ranking.
Bezos’ net worth also fell by about $372 million but that was enough to take him to top spot, a position he has held for about three years.
As of Wednesday, February 17, the Bloomberg Billionaire’s index currently says Bezos is worth $191 billion compared to Musk’s $190 billion.
Musk’s surge to first place happened in early January when the 170 million shares of Tesla he already owns.
Amazon CEO Bezos’s stake in the company increased by $75 billion in 2020, to $173.3 billion, given the huge increase in sales driven by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Bill Gates remains at the world’s third-richest person with $137 billion worth.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Shoprite Workers Begin Nationwide Strike
- Emir of Karaga, Alhaji Salihu Tanko dies
- Fire breaks out at Army Headquarters In Abuja
- Two Men Who Flaunt Their Wealth On Social Media Caught During Robbery Operation (Video)
- Nigeria Receives First Doses Of COVAX COVID-19 Vaccines