The Lagos State Government has announced the plan to phase out yellow buses which are also known as Danfo because they are not conducive for a mega city like Lagos.
The state Commissioner for Transportation, Frederic Oladeinde, made the disclosure when speaking at a virtual forum on Thursday.
Oladeinde said that the busses would be replaced by blue buses.
He said, “We are reforming the bus sector and over time, Lagos will phase out the yellow buses because the yellow buses are not conducive for a mega city like Lagos. That is why we are coming with blue buses you see around.
“We are inviting the private sector to participate in the provision of public transport services. We are also deploying technology just to ensure that we can up our game in terms of efficiency.”
Oladeinde also revealed that the state government will be providing hectares of land in Iganmu and Ogun as transit truck parks to help in resolving the protracted Apapa gridlock.
He stated, “Lagos State in collaboration with the Nigerian Ports Authority invited a concessionaire and that concessionaire developed an Eto app that will be deployed February 27.
“Lagos State has committed 31 hectares of land in Iganmu called the Bola Ahmed Tinubu Truck Park to complement what is at Lilypond and we are talking to the Ogun State Government to secure a land in Ogere.”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols