Rapper, Lil Frosh has been remanded in Ikoyi prison over the alleged assault on his ex-girlfriend, Gift Camille by a court in Yaba on Monday.
He was arraigned at the Chief Magistrate Court 1, Yaba on the 8th of February 2021 on a one-count charge for assaulting for his girlfriend, Okeoghene Taiye Iyometerie last year.
According to reports, The International Federation of Women Lawyers ( FIDA) Lagos State chapter got involved in the case and were reportedly actively involved the arraignment of the rapper.
It is understood that Lil Frosh, who earlier denied the allegations, was invited by the operatives to the Federal Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Alagbon, on February 4, 2021, for interrogation.
He however pleaded not guilty to the charge of assault punishable under Section 173 of the Criminal Code Law of Lagos State 2015. The matter was adjourned to 9th March 2021 for mention, while the Court ordered the remand of the Defendant and advised him to bring an application for bail.
In October 2020, Mayoks Michael, Camille’s manager and brother, had accused Lil Frosh of beating her up.
This had prompted a heated backlash and widespread condemnation from prominent celebrities and fans on social media.
As a result, Davido Music Worldwide (DMW) ended its contract with the singer, saying there was no excuse for his actions.
Read more on our Entertainment News Page
- See what Trump said reacting to President Biden pulling US troops out of Afghanistan on September 11
- 11 people confirmed dead, 100 injured as passenger train derail in Egypt (photos)
- European Super League: Arsenal and Manchester United resign from European Clubs Association while club CEOs resign from UEFA
- ‘Depressed’ man spotted thinking on top of a telecommunication mast in Lagos (video)
- Ex-presidential aide Doyin Okupe’s son, Bolu Okupe, shares loved-up video ‘kissing’ his gay lover, Mfaomé