He was nabbed after his passport photograph was said not to have a match with the photo records of applicants stored on the database of the Ministry of Education
A man identified as Adekunle Aremu has been apprehended for impersonating his wife during the Osun Teacher’s recruitment exercise at the CBT centre of Ilesha College of Education.
The impostor was caught while trying to write the recruitment examination for his wife, Oyinade Sade Adegbite.
The Information Officer at the Ministry of Education, Roseline Olwawuni, who disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday February 10, said suspect was apprehended with the help of operatives of the Nigerian Security and Civic Defence Corps (NSCDC)
“He was caught after his passport photograph was said not to have a match with the photo records of applicants stored on the database of the Ministry of Education.” she stated.
Reacting to the incident, the State Commissioner for Education, Hon. Folorunsho Oladoyin condemned the act of impersonation, stressing that it is shameful that a prospective teacher could be found committing such crimes
“It is shameful that somebody who wants to teach students academically and morally could be involved in fraudulent malpractice, what example is such a person going to set for the students, the commissioner queried. This is rather unfortunate,” said Oladoyin.
“I am using this opportunity to warn our young people to desist from cutting corners, they should know that integrity pays and it’s the only way to success. The suspect has however been handed over to the law enforcement agents for further investigation and prosecution,” he added.
- See what Trump said reacting to President Biden pulling US troops out of Afghanistan on September 11
- 11 people confirmed dead, 100 injured as passenger train derail in Egypt (photos)
- European Super League: Arsenal and Manchester United resign from European Clubs Association while club CEOs resign from UEFA
- ‘Depressed’ man spotted thinking on top of a telecommunication mast in Lagos (video)
- Ex-presidential aide Doyin Okupe’s son, Bolu Okupe, shares loved-up video ‘kissing’ his gay lover, Mfaomé