The Chairman, Nasarawa State office of the Special Public Works, Dr Kassim Mohammad lamented that he was scammed by suspected internet fraudsters, known as Yahoo boys.
The man cried out on Thursday before newsmen.
The former member of Nasarawa State House of Assembly told newsmen in Lafia, the state capital, that the fraudsters have taken over his accounts and cleared his entire money.
According to him, the Yahoo-boys have developed a new mechanism that helps them hack into people’s accounts.
The SPW Chairman stated that he has since submitted the complaint to the management of all his banks as well as the state command of the Nigeria police adding that he saw an alert of N150,000 in one of his accounts last Tuesday from a source he could not identify thereby putting his account at risk.
According to the complaint letter to the bank notifying the management of the transfer of N150,000 from his account, Kassim said “I wish to write and bring to your notice that at about 4:23 pm on Tuesday, 2/02/2021, I received an alert of 150,000 only from my account from unidentified account number2176990631 named one Bello Jibrin Isa.
“I sincerely denounce the transaction and call on the authority of the bank in Lafia branch to act immediately”.
The APC Chieftain stated that he has not transacted any business with anybody to warrant the N150, 000 adding that he has not submitted the said bank account to anybody for any transaction.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols
- Soldiers Feared Killed In Bandits Attack On Military Base In Katsina
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000