Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) club, Wikki Tourists FC team were involved in an accident on Thursday morning as the team bus conveying players went up in flames along Kibo in Plateau state.
The Bauchi-based outfit were on their way to Uyo, Akwa Ibom state, to honour the NPFL matchday 11 against Dakkada FC.
According to reports, the NPFL side left their base in Bauchi around 4.30am but the sad incident occurred some minutes to 7.00am near Jos.
Luckily, players and officials came out unhurt following the accident, but some lost their valuables that include bags and phones.
Read more on our Sports News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols