Nurses at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Owo, Ondo State staged a protest on the hospital premises on Monday over the alleged beating of their colleagues by the deceased patient’s relatives.
The Chairman of nurses at the hospital, Francis Ajibola, who confirmed the incident, said the relatives of the deceased brought in the patient in a critical state on Sunday, February 7.
Ajibola said the nurses and doctors tried to revive the patient but it was too late as the patient died on arrival.
He added that immediately the patient was pronounced dead, the relatives descended on the nurses, inflicting serious bodily injuries on them.
The nurses are presently receiving treatment at the hospital.
To register their displeasure, the nurses in the hospital downed tools, insisting they would only resume work after the family of the deceased tenders an apology and also when the management of the hospital provides adequate security for them while on duty.
The Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Liasu Ahmed, confirmed the incident, saying a detailed investigation into it has commenced.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols