The planned protest by Nigerian youths against the reopening of Lekki tollgate has generated lots of reactions.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Lagos State Governor, Gboyega Akosile, has reacted to the planned protest slated for Saturday, February 13, 2020.
Some Nigerian youths have threatened to carry out a protest at the Lekki tollgate over plans by the Lagos state government to reopen it for operations.
They have begun to mobilise on social media with #RevolutionNow and #OccupyLekkiTollGate, with the matter trending as number one and three on Twitter.
As of 11 am, some of the youths shared Display Pictures and banners to create awareness about the protest.
Information on the posters showed that the protest is planned to start at 7 am on Saturday, February 13, 2020.
Some of the posters have inscriptions such as “No justice, no reopening”, and “Occupy Lekki tollgate” among others.
Reacting to the planned protest, the Chief Press Secretary to the Lagos State Governor, Gboyega Akosile, in response to a tweet with the hashtag #DontLetThemBringLagosDown, said “nobody will bring our dear Lagos State down! Their rights end where other people’s rights begin.”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide