Nurses under the umbrella of the Ondo State Chapter of the National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) will embark on a three-day warning strike from March 1 over the percentage payment of their salaries by the state government.
In a letter dated February 26, signed by its State Secretary Aina Oluwasegun and addressed to members of the State Executive Council (SEC), the group said the decision was taken as a sequel to the meeting the SEC and NANNM held on February 16, in which it was resolved that the state government should pay 100 per cent salary of January 2017, December 2020, January 2021, 20 per cent balance of December 2016 and 50 per cent November 2020.
The union also demanded an immediate commencement of New Salary Adjustment for local government nurses within seven working days.
The statement read, “Sequel to the meeting the State Executive Council of National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives, held on 16th February, 2021 which resolved that state government should;
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead
“Pay 100 per cent salary of January 2017, December 2020, January 2021, 20% balance of December 2016, 50 per cent November 2020 and commencement of New Salary Adjustment for Local Government Nurses within seven working days.
“Following the expiration of the seven working days ultimatum without a response from the government you are directed to proceed on three days warning strike from 12am on Monday 1st to Wednesday 3rd March, 2021 at first instance.”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca vaccine confines woman in wheelchair after her legs developed ‘giant blisters’ (photos)
- WOW! Angry fans chase Schalke 04 players after the German club got relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time since 1988 (video)