The police have arrested Mr Jimo Odunayo, a 72-year-old pastor of Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Oke-Aseyori, Iyana Church, Monatan, Ibadan, for allegedly having canal knowledge of a 13-year-old girl, Rasaq Aisha.
Odunayo was arrested along with Opeyemi Rasaq, who was also said to have played a role in the crime committed by the pastor.
The state police Commissioner in the state, Ngozi Onadeko who paraded them at the state police command on Wednesday, said the pastor was arrested for having unlawful carnal knowledge of the girl between 2019 and June 2020.
She said, “The suspect and the parents of the victim live within the same compound and the victim always goes to the living room of the suspect to watch television.
Consequently, the suspect took advantage of the prevailing situation to have unlawful carnal knowledge of her four distinctly independent times.
“The suspect made a confessional statement to that effect, admitting that the allegation is true. The case was transferred to state CID Iyaganku, Ibadan where it was charged to court.”
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca vaccine confines woman in wheelchair after her legs developed ‘giant blisters’ (photos)
- WOW! Angry fans chase Schalke 04 players after the German club got relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time since 1988 (video)