The Senate has confirmed former Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai and other former service chiefs as ambassadors on Tuesday.
The former service chiefs are former Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai; former Chief of Defence Staff, Gabriel Olonisakin; former Chief of Air Staff, Ibok Ibas; and former Chief of Naval Staff, Abubakar Sadique.
The immediate past service chiefs were confirmed as non-career ambassadors despite criticisms.
Though Senate Minority Leader Enyinaya Abaribe faulted this by questioning the nomination and confirmation of the ex-service chiefs when the Senate had on three different occasions called for their sack and also wondered why the petitions against the former service chiefs were dismissed without explanations, Senate President Ahmad Lawan maintained that their confirmation cannot be held back because they are on a different assignment.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi Visits Widow Of Air Force Personnel (Photos)
- ‘Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn’t give you all my money, all my love and my younger years’ – Ifu Ennada says as she reminiscences spending all her money on ex-lover
- Super Falcons Thrash Equatorial Guinea 9-0 to Win Turkish Women’s Cup (Video)
- Governor Seyi Makinde orders immediate reopening of Shasha market
Lawan who further stopped further debate on the case, added that the former service chiefs had served the country to the best of their abilities.
President Buhari had on the 5 of February, sent their names to the senate.
Nigerians had condemned their nomination, noting that it was a plan to shield them from prosecution by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for alleged abuses committed by the Nigerian military under their watch.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- BBNaija Organizers Announces Lockdown Edition Reunion (Video)
- BBNaija’s Ozo reveals how he handles his female admirers as a superstar
- Alexei Navalny Stripped Of ‘prisoner Of Conscience’ Status By Amnesty International Over His Comments That Compared Immigrants To Cockroaches
- “Let Bobrisky come out without makeup to challenge me” – Upcoming crossdresser, Michelle Page challenges Bobrisky to a beauty contest (Video)
- Truck Driver Crushes Four Hawkers To Death In Anambra As He Was Trying To Escape From Revenue Collectors