Six suspected kidnappers have been arrested by the Federal Capital Territory police command along the Apo axis.
In a statement released by the spokesperson of the FCT police command, ASP Yusuf Mariam, the identities of the suspects were revealed as Frank Ozor 26yrs, Nweke Uche 19yrs, Chester Uzor 25yrs, Chukwu Bethrand 27 yrs, Chukwu Samuel 25yrs and Kelechi Ngene 26 yrs.
ASP Yusuf Mariam noted that their arrest led to the successful rescue of two other victims who identified the suspects.
The statement read, “Consequently, the command has deployed covert and overt crime-fighting strategies to strengthen security across the FCT, especially areas with cumbersome terrain.
“In addition, the command has launched a strategic counter-kidnapping operation to checkmate the emerging security concerns.
“Furthermore, the command is working closely with sister security agencies, key stakeholders and community leaders to rid the FCT of criminal elements.
“While urging residents to remain calm and law-abiding, the command enjoins FCT residents to report any suspicious persons or activities around their vicinity at the nearest Police Division or report the same through any of the FCT Police Command Control numbers: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653, and 08028940883.”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols