The Super Falcons of Nigeria have secured their third win in three games at the Turkish Women’s Cup invitational tournament after thrashing Equatorial Guinea 9-0 on Tuesday.
The tournament ended today with the Super Falcons emerging victorious.
It was Ogbonna Kanu who opened the scoring for the African champions in the eighth minute at the Emir Sports Complex in Antalya.
Captain Asisat Oshoala scored twice from the spot in the 11th and 13th minutes, before completing a hat-trick with the fourth goal in the 26th minute.
Oshoala led the charge with four goals, while Glory Ogbonna, Uchenna Kanu, Charity Adule, Payne Oyedupe, Monday Gift all grabbed a goal each.
Nigeria opened scoring in the 8th minute and quickly followed with an Asisat Oshoala penalty earned by Toni Payne in the 11th minute.
Oshoala completed her four-goal haul in the 85th minute to cap an outstanding performance that left coach Randy Waldrum elated.
Super Falcons finished the tournament with a record of scoring eleven goals and conceding none, even as Asisat Oshoala emerged top scorer with her four goals.
Other teams in the round-robin tournament were Uzbekistan and CSKA Moscow female team.
Nigeria have now won all three games in the group stage of the competition to top the group on nine points.
Watch the highlights below:
Read more on our Sports News Page
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols
- Soldiers Feared Killed In Bandits Attack On Military Base In Katsina
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000