Suspected kidnappers have shot and killed four policemen at a checkpoint in Calabar, Cross River State on Thursday.
The incident reportedly happened in the early hours of Thursday, February 25.
It was gathered that the gunmen ambushed the unsuspecting policemen at Ayanmbat community near Idundu in the Aka Efa area of Calabar.
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead
The policemen whose identities have not been disclosed were said to have been killed when they went to confront some suspected kidnappers.
Meanwhile, the Police is said to be on the trail of the kidnappers.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca vaccine confines woman in wheelchair after her legs developed ‘giant blisters’ (photos)
- WOW! Angry fans chase Schalke 04 players after the German club got relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time since 1988 (video)