Three salesmen were arraigned before a Tinubu Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on Monday, for allegedly stealing 720 cartons of tomato paste worth N16.2 million.
The defendants, Chinedu Oluwa, 22; Emenike Orji, 25, and Patrick Agore, 29, are facing a two-count charge of conspiracy and stealing, to which the trio pleaded not guilty.
The prosecutor, ASP Ben Ekundayo told the court that the defendants committed the offences between June 2020 and January 2021 at Aswani Market, Lagos.
He said the defendants, who are sales representatives stole 720 cartons of tomato paste belonging to their employer, GB Foods.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi Visits Widow Of Air Force Personnel (Photos)
- ‘Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn’t give you all my money, all my love and my younger years’ – Ifu Ennada says as she reminiscences spending all her money on ex-lover
- Super Falcons Thrash Equatorial Guinea 9-0 to Win Turkish Women’s Cup (Video)
- Governor Seyi Makinde orders immediate reopening of Shasha market
He added that the three defendants siphoned some cartons of tomato paste every time the goods were supplied and stole a total of 720 cartons all valued at N16.2 million.
Ekundayo said the offences contravened Sections 287 (7) and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The magistrate, Mr. A. A. Paul granted the three defendants N1 million bail with one surety each in like sum.
He adjourned the case until March 24 for mention.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide