The suspects identified as Kingsley Obinna Nweazura, 26, and Emma Eke Onyechere, 26, were arrested in Phnom Penh for allegedly duping several people on social media by using false identities.
The National Police chief, General lieutant Neth Savoen, who disclosed this on Tuesday, February 9, said they arrested the suspects after receiving several complaints from some of their victims.
The suspects have been sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court for legal action.
Meanwhile, the director of the Anti Cyber Crime department has reminded citizens to be careful when using social media sites.
“Please don’t accept friend requests from people that you don’t know, and don’t trust any scammer who claims to send stuff from overseas and they demand the shipping fee in advance” he stated.
- See what Trump said reacting to President Biden pulling US troops out of Afghanistan on September 11
- 11 people confirmed dead, 100 injured as passenger train derail in Egypt (photos)
- European Super League: Arsenal and Manchester United resign from European Clubs Association while club CEOs resign from UEFA
- ‘Depressed’ man spotted thinking on top of a telecommunication mast in Lagos (video)
- Ex-presidential aide Doyin Okupe’s son, Bolu Okupe, shares loved-up video ‘kissing’ his gay lover, Mfaomé