A 100-Level student of the Department of Chemistry, Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) has committed suicide by hanging in his apartment.
It was gathered that the 100-Level student identified as Daniel Nwafor committed suicide by hanging.
The student killed himself on Tuesday in his lodge at Umuchima, Ihiagwa in Owerri West Council Area of Imo State.
Sources said that the late Daniel returned back to the lodge with his mother about seven days ago and he took his life two days after his mum left the residence.
It was also gathered the deceased was initially facing some health challenges and going through pains.
The Nation learnt he left a note for his mother later taken into police custody.
Reacting, the varsity’s Public Relations Officer, Uche Nwaelue, confirmed that the deceased was a first year student of the institution and wondered why an 18- year- old would take his life.
- Lionel Messi to sign new five-year deal with significant wage cut
- Police arrest 76-year-old Man for repeatedly carrying out sexual assault on teenage girl during flight
- See the moment dad was caught dangling his 3-year-old son on window ledge for hours and threatening to drop him to punish his ‘cheating’ wife (video)
- Nigerian solider rapes, shoots and murders his girlfriend over alleged cheating
“Somebody brought the picture to me though I have not visited the scene but I wonder why a 18year old person would take his life, this is an end time,” she said.
Also, confirming the report, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Orlando Ikeokwu SP, said that the deceased has been taken to the mortuary.
“I can confirm the report to be true. It happened and the body has been taken to the mortuary,” he said.
However, there are reports that he might have been murdered.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Young Man stabbed to death while filming a music video in London (photos)
- ”No room for laziness and unfruitfulness”- COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo backs Bishop Oyedepo over sacking of pastors
- See what Bishop David Oyedepo said after sacking multiple pastors from Winners Chapel (video)
- Taliban beheads Afghanistan interpreter for US Army as militant group dominates almost 90% of Afghan territory following US withdrawal of military troops
- Bandits kill 3 persons, set ablaze military armoured vehicle in Zamfara