The body of a US-based Nigerian, Prince Eloniyo Abuda, has been discovered five days after he was abducted by suspected herdsmen.
The deceased who resided in Atlanta, Georgia, was abducted last Saturday with two other men and a woman along the Benin-Auchi road.
According to The PUNCH, he was travelling from his hometown, Fugar in Etsako Central Local Government Area of Edo State to Lagos to catch a flight back to the US when he was abducted by the herdsmen.
After the payment of the ransom to free the other hostages, his decomposing body was discovered on Wednesday along the Benin-Auchi road end of the Benin bypass.
“Prince Abuda was shot by the abductors when he couldn’t walk anymore and slumped. The kidnappers didn’t want to leave him behind as they were afraid that he will reveal their hideout to security agencies and so decided to shoot him,” a source said.
In his reaction, the Edo State Police Public Relations Officer, Chidi Nwabuzor said, “The command is fully aware and the Commissioner of Police personally led operatives to the scene this morning and they are still in the forest on active combing of the bush.”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide